To: The Official Shadow People Archives
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 9:21:58 AM
Subject: Shadow person (s) in my home
Hi, my name is Lena and I live in Oakville, Ontario Canada and my house is about 29 years old.
The first time our family saw a shadow person in my house was about 10 years ago. I was going from my kitchen to the staircase to go upstairs and there was a shadow person standing at the bottom of the staircase. I let out a scream, and when my daughter, who was 11 years old, asked what happened I told her it was nothing. I didn't want to freak her out because she was always complaining that there was something in her room and bedtime in our house was always an issue because she wouldn't want to sleep in her room.
A couple of months later my son, who was 18 at the time, said, "What the hell is wrong with this house? I keep seeing a black figure on the staircase, sometimes the whole body and sometimes just from the waist up." I felt a relief that someone else had seen it and it wasn't just me. We had a discussion about it and did some research about what to do. We saged the house and said prayers in hopes it would stop....it didn't.
My daughter wouldn't sleep in her room so I decided to sleep with her in her room one night so that I could assure her that all was ok. I was sleeping with my daughter, she was between me and the wall. In the middle of the night I woke up with what felt like someone pressing down on my left shoulder. I heard a raspy deep man's voice whisper in my ear, “Can you hear me?” I was so freaked out that I didn't dare open my eyes and asked it to leave.
The next morning, I didn't say anything because I didn’t want to freak out my daughter. Two days later she comes to me and tells me that she woke up in the middle of the night the day I slept with her and there was a black figure standing by my side of the bed. I was TOTALLY freaked out but still didn't tell her my experience because I didn't want to scare her. I finally told her around a year later so that I could acknowledge her experience.
To this day these experiences have never stopped, we've had tons of experiences since. I don't remember the exact dates but I will try to list them in point form below.
1.My son was sleeping in the basement and something was thrown across the room.
2. Crystal bowl thrown off the dining room hutch.
3. My daughter woke up one night and there were three figures in her room and one in the hall looking into her room.
4. Brother-in-law and sister-in-law were house sitting and my brother-in-law saw a black figure in our bedroom.
5. I saw a black orb go through my living room and out the back door.
6. Last year my son and his fiancée were sleeping in our basement and she woke up to a black mass floating above the bed and fingers tapping on the night table.
7. A couple of months ago I was lying in bed reading and I saw a black mass float down the corner and into the floor, I'm so used to it that I didn't say anything. That same night my daughter comes and tells me that she walked into her bathroom and saw a black figure standing in the bathroom. She's also so used to it that she didn't get scared (she's now 21).
8. I had two night terrors in one night and one of them my face was pushed into the pillow and I thought I was going to suffocate, and that was definitely the scariest experience!
9. A couple of years ago my husband was out of town on business so my daughter lay down on my bed to watch TV and fell asleep. I woke up in the morning and I was practically falling off the bed because she had pushed herself really close to me (I had a king size bed).
I asked her why she had moved so close and she said, that she woke up in the middle of the night and there was a guy standing at the bottom of the bed. I asked her, “Which side?” and she said, “Her's,” so in order to lighten the situation I said, "That's ok then, as long as it wasn't my side," and we both laughed.
There are so many more experiences that I could write a novel. The funny thing is my husband has never had any experiences in the house (lucky him).
I know this is a really long email, but I hope it will help in your research.